List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Feb 7 12:56:19 PST 2014

On Friday, 7 February 2014 at 20:31:00 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-02-07 04:19, Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> I really like vibe.d.  A lot.  But the way HTTP parse errors
>> are handled
>> is a disaster.  Do you know what happened when I was testing
>> vibe.d
>> recently and I sent it a bad request?  It sent a stack trace
>> as a
>> Needless to
>> say, I don't support the idea of further enabling this design,
>> regardless of whether it can be made a pinnacle of elegance.
>
> Ruby on Rails renders a page with a stack trace in development
> mode and a standard 500 page in production mode. I can't
> understand how anyone can do web development without that.
> There's even a plugin that renders a the stack trace as links
> pointing back to your editor (if supported). It also allows you
> to navigate the stack trace with a code snippet and simple
> debugger for each stack frame. Very convenient.

I was mostly surprised that the stack trace was written back to
the client.  I'd expect something like that in a log on the
server side.  I do see how it would be convenient to have a stack
trace included in a bug report, but if this feature is disabled
in release mode then you can't rely on it anyway.  I'd just
always be checking the logs (where I'd hope the stack trace would
always be written).