Disadvantages of building a compiler and library on top of a specific memory management scheme

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sat Feb 8 08:39:17 PST 2014

On Saturday, 8 February 2014 at 15:57:17 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> I want to go somewhere with an actual working compiler.

Nothing I wrote prevents that. You just don't get optimal
performance if you base it off a backend that is optimized for a
different language.

It is more important to have a coherent language spec that is
targetting a usage domain than an optimal compiler for a
suboptimal language design that is shoehorned into something it
is not fit for.