List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 14:11:04 PST 2014

09-Feb-2014 02:03, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 2/7/2014 9:06 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> Why throwing a single exception is such a big problem?
>
> Because in order to unwind the stack, you need to find the information
> about the stack layout. This lookup is rather slow. You can make the
> lookup faster by compromising the function code generation, but this is
> considered an unacceptable tradeoff.

A special table lookup can't be slow compared to writing a dummy HTTP
500 response. Just saying. Yes, it's a tad slower then cmp + jz, I do
understand that.

Again I'm trying to say that framing stack unwinding as the culprit of
vibe.d crawling under bad requests is plain wrong, and that was the
focal point of the original argument.

--
Dmitry Olshansky