Phobos for Review: std.buffer.scopebuffer

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Feb 8 16:20:12 PST 2014

On Saturday, February 08, 2014 19:37:23 Dicebot wrote:
> By the way there was proposal to set up separate mail list for
> review announcements - who can do it?

I expect that that would make them _less_ visible, as only a certain
percentage of people will look at that, and there will be plenty of people who
might look at it if they knew about it but won't initially. We already have
the announce group for announcements. Why create a new announce group just for
reviews - especially when review announcements aren't all that frequent? Even
if we were having reviews as fast as we could, it would typically be 2+ weeks
between posts.

And if you're proposing that the review itself be done in another list, again,
that will cut down on the number of people who see it or pay attention to it.

I see no reason not to just use the newsgroups as they are and send review
announcements to digitalmars-d-announce and the reviews be in digitalmars-d.
What's wrong with continuing to do it that way?

- Jonathan M Davis