Phobos for Review: std.buffer.scopebuffer

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sat Feb 8 17:37:02 PST 2014

On Sunday, 9 February 2014 at 00:20:32 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Saturday, February 08, 2014 19:37:23 Dicebot wrote:
>> By the way there was proposal to set up separate mail list for
>> review announcements - who can do it?
>
> I expect that that would make them _less_ visible, as only a
> certain
> percentage of people will look at that, and there will be
> plenty of people who
> might look at it if they knew about it but won't initially. We
> already have
> the announce group for announcements. Why create a new announce
> group just for
> reviews - especially when review announcements aren't all that
> frequent? Even
> if we were having reviews as fast as we could, it would
> typically be 2+ weeks
> between posts.

I notice some people mentioning thet have missed start of review
or voting in almost any such thread. D.announce traffic is not
that small these days actually, I doubt many will want to
subscribe to all its posts to just to be notified about reviews.
I don't propose to move discussion there - just make additional
notifications identical to those that go to D.announce

In theory it shouldn't be needed but reality has been different
so far. And I'd really love to get more participation from Phobos
contributors who don't seem to  follow NG _that_ closely.

Counter proposals are highly welcome ;)