List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 02:17:17 PST 2014

09-Feb-2014 02:17, Walter Bright пишет:
> On 2/7/2014 12:51 PM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> It's deh.d or rather deh_win32./ deh_win64_posix.d and it doesn't look
>> like
>> _all_ that lot especially if you have no finally blocks and the only
>> catch is
>> the top-most catch-all.
>
> It's a heluva lot slower than "jmp".

If you can show me how a single unconditional jump propagates error code
4 calls up the stack I'm sold.

I do understand it's slow, it's not that slow to make difference in the
discussed case. It's all about jumping to the wrong conclusions.

To put it in one pitch: it should be possible to throw/catch in excess
of 100k exceptions per second no problem at all (assuming a single core
of some run of the mill modern CPU).

Nobody is asking to optimize it better then the normal flow.

--
Dmitry Olshansky