Java type annotations, multi-precision

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Feb 9 08:55:22 PST 2014

Am 09.02.2014 16:38, schrieb bearophile:
> Two unrelated things found recently on Reddit:
>
> In Java 8 they have added type annotations:
> http://www.mscharhag.com/2014/02/java-8-type-annotations.html
>

> This shows how a C-like language lacks some essential parts to use well
> the CPUs (both x86 and to ARM) to implement range integrals or
> multi-word integrals efficiently without using asm:
> http://accu.org/index.php/journals/1849
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I tend to have some fun pointing out on online forums like HN, that
despite common belief, it is 100% ANSI/ISO compliant to have C and C++
compilers that don't expose inline assembly, cpu intrisics and that
those languages no longer map directly to modern CPUs architectures like
they did in the 70's.

--
Paulo