Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Feb 10 10:38:52 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 14:47:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> "if I had the time". This exactly is the difference and reason
> why resources matter a lot.

Yes, but there are enough people in these forums claiming that
they desire a real time, production quality, better-than-c++
compiler to pull it off. But not for me alone.

Lack of clear planning, communication of visions and establishing
short term and long term measurable goals is not really a
resource issue. It is a matter of taking those issue seriously.
Basically a management issue.

To me it would be reasonable to have:

1. short term goal: production level stability for what D is
being used for today

2. long term goal: low latency, real time features/runtime

Then work on 1 while planning milestones for point 2.

I guess D1 was supposed to address 1, but nobody would start a
project from scratch using D1 today.