One more question - an untapped audience.

Francesco Cattoglio francesco.cattoglio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 11:33:57 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 19:03:22 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> tldr; Tools suck, documentation sucks, std lib is small and no
> std GUI lib...

I do agree to a certain degree.
std lib is not really that small, but sure it is never enough.
Lack of std GUI lib, I honestly I'm perfectly fine with it.
Tools on the other hand, do suck. The only way I could debug my
prototype code involving std.concurrency and some OpenGL code was
learning to use GDB from the command line, because GUI debuggers
would fail horribly. Editors are so-so, compiler-as-a-library
needs some extra time before work on it starts.

Documentation is just not good enough. Perhaps I can start doing
some pulls for the docs, since I'm still a n00b of the language
but at least not a complete beginner anymore.

Thanks God we have at least DUB.
BTW: we really need to get a BIG link to dub package registry in
the home page, or at least on the side bar.