Phobos for Review: std.buffer.scopebuffer

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Feb 10 11:46:44 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 19:36:40 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio
wrote:
> On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 19:31:50 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>>
>> I cannot agree with following rules to the point of throwing
>> common sense out the window.
>
> If following the rules requires throwing common sense out of
> the window, perhaps it's time to change the rules.

Exactly. And it should be done in a separate proposal and with
own discussion. Which can possibly reveal that common senses
differ a lot and thus is necessary.

I personally will vote "No" for any new proposal that looks
obviously alien from existing Phobos code, despite it being
possibly very useful and desired and backed by sound reasoning.