Phobos for Review: std.buffer.scopebuffer

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Feb 10 14:45:34 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 22:42:30 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> That would be _encouraging_ the use of importing whole packages
> at once, which
> I don't think that we're looking to do. If some folks want to
> do that with
> their own projects, fine, but the feature was introduced
> specifically in order
> to split of larger modules into packages, not to treat packages
> as modules.

Prohibiting alternative is not "discouraging", it is prohibiting.
Discouraging is providing both options and clearly stating which
one is recommended. So far D has been a very permissive language
in terms of user choice, it is strange to suddenly start making
restrictions here.