Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 15:49:05 PST 2014

Le 11/02/2014 00:12, "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" a écrit :
> On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 23:06:56 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
>> ????
>> So in these case I will forget D, and cry all the tears of my body. It
>> will just a shame for a system language.
>> And it's certainly kind of applications actually miss for D, to
>> improve his visibility.
>
> Yes, but nobody that are in the "decision making body" of D has shown
> any resemblance of understanding or priority for real time applications.
> Seriously, the language is close to ten years in the making.
>
>> Just take a look around you all applications are interactive, with
>> more animations,...
>
> Yeah, but at some point you just have to accept that people who don't
> have a need to write real time will avoid putting it on the road map.

Boostrapping D, will certainly reveal some issue with GC? I don't know
much about compilers, but certainly the parser may see some performance
gains with GC and the other parts? Maybe some major loose?

I am curious to see that as a benchmark comparator.

It's not real-time but it's a serious system application challenge.