Idea #1 on integrating RC with GC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Mon Feb 10 16:32:45 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 00:21:22 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> With CTFE, compile time reflection and static ifs/mixins, D
> wraps around itself in a way that makes it all or nothing in
> implementation.

Ok, but I think I didn't communicate clearly what I am looking
for. I am just looking for a "nicer" C++. I don't really need the
full D semantics. I am content with the C++ subset that I can
desugar into.

To me D is just that, a "nicer" C++. I don't need the high level
stuff. Those are "nice to have", but not "needed".