One more question - an untapped audience.

ed growlercab at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:51:04 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 04:29:22 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

[snip]

> If anything Phobos needs to get bigger and increase the
> coverage standard available functionality. We can talk about
> improvements to reduce module dependencies, and improve layout,
> design, and code quality, but none of those are sufficient
> reasons in my mind to through out the idea of a stdlib
> altogether.

I disagree to some extent. I don't want to see Phobos, the core
stdlib get bigger. But I do want to see the official module list
grow.

I'd love to have opt-in officially endorsed, D-dev reviewed and
supported modules for things like sqlite/db access, xml, gui,
gfx, SciD etc. etc. Whether via dub or tarball, I'm easy.

I dislike package managers but DUB is simple to use and works
reasonably well. If it were adopted as "the" package system for
official D modules I would have no problem.

A dub GUI would be an interesting side project...I might have to
have a hack at that. Anyone else working on one?

Cheers,
ed