One more question - an untapped audience.

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Tue Feb 11 09:37:16 PST 2014

On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 19:03:22 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:

> I am only 20 and am still in university so I feel like I can
> answer this with at least my own experiences. Personally I
> think D would capture the attention of more young people if it
> was simply easier to use. The first "real" language I really
> got into was C#(about 5-6 years ago) and I think the main

You hijacked my topic and converted it into the usual arguments
about lack of infrastructure for D.

I'm talking about guys and girls who don't have a computer, let
alone C#. They just have a cheap smart phone that maybe they
succeeded in getting rooted. So is your answer that they should
just use Java?

And yes, the C# library is excellent, but D is a better language,
and is easy to use. Get out of the wood and see the trees!

I'm at the other end of my life, with a long view of history. We
should do our bit to help to bring civilization and reason (back)
to the world, not just tell people 'use C#'.

A more relevant criticism would be that people who only know say
Swahili won't be able to find out about and use D anyway - Java
either. Sadly my Swahili is not up to it.

Sorry, but you asked for it ;=)

Steve