D as A Better C?

Frank Bauer y at z.com
Tue Feb 11 13:12:20 PST 2014

Excellent idea. All the cries (including mine) for a non-GC D
would stop at once. Instead, we could focus on gradually bringing
all the remaining features of D-Full into D-Core over the next
years. Walter would have to judge on that, but to an outsider it
looks doable without too much resources.

And, as I firmly believe, this could make the difference between
D getting accepted by the C++ crowd on one side and D
disappearing from the scene as just another C# / Java clone
(untrue, but I talk about public perception).