D as A Better C?

Mike none at none.com
Tue Feb 11 15:15:57 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 21:11:15 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/11/2014 11:43 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> (First off, I hate the name "better C", any suggestions?)
>
> How about "EmbeddedD", though that wouldn't be entirely
> accurate?

I program ONLY embedded systems in D and I very much dislike the
idea of introducing a new name.  There should be only one D , but
there's no reason features couldn't be enabled/disabled with
compiler switches (-fno-exceptions, -fno-rtti)

There's no reason to aggregate compiler switches into a single
name.  I f users want no exceptions, no gc, no objects, etc...
then they should add -fno-exceptions, -fno-gc, -fno-objects,
etc... to their compiler flags.

Please, I beg you! No new names. Please don't fragment the
language.  Just make it a little more modular.

Mike