D as A Better C?

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:47:07 PST 2014

"Walter Bright"  wrote in message news:lddug4$jgv$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I've toyed with this idea for a while, and wondered what the interest
> there is in something like this.
>
> The idea is to be able to use a subset of D that does not require any of
> druntime or phobos - it can be linked merely with the C standard library.
> To that end, there'd be a compiler switch (-betterC) which would enforce
> the subset.

Yeah, this has been on my todo list for a long time, last time it came up it
resulting in this: https://github.com/yebblies/dmd/tree/microd

I would love to use this at work, although of course dmd does not support
any of the architectures I need.

For all the people crying about forking the language, this will only fork
the language as much as @safe did (ie not at all).