D as A Better C?

eles eles at eles.com
Tue Feb 11 22:11:53 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 03:28:57 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 12 February 2014 12:11, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12 February 2014 05:43, Walter Bright
>> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>wrote:
>>

> I've changed my mind. Depending on a functional link-stripper
> sucks.
> I think it's definitely useful, although I think it should be
> implemented
> as a suite of flags, not just a single one. Sure, a convenience
> flag can be
> offered, but as an implementation detail, it should be a suite
> of flags.

I like this and I also think providing compiler switches (ie.
without naming the subset) as being acceptable.

However, what if I would need those switches for just one
particular module and the functions therein? How to compile only
those modules with the switches?

Only through manual compile/linking?