Please contribute your ideas to http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2014_Ideas

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Feb 12 00:22:34 PST 2014

Am Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:38:14 -0800
schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> We are in the process of finalizing our GSoC 2014 application. Here's
> our ideas page:
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2014_Ideas
>
> I've copied that from our GSoC 2013 ideas page (we weren't accepted).
>
> This is the most important part of our application, and where you can
> significantly improve our chance of being accepted this year. Please
> add your ideas to the list.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

We don't seem to have any phobos ideas on that list. Do you think
writing a complete phobos module is too much work? Some modules could
even be ported from Boost.

* std.json replacement (could be based on std.lexers generic lexer)
* std.xml replacement (could be based on std.lexers generic lexer)
* std.i18n.locale /std.i18n.translation (excluding language specific
  conversions, only translation and basic locale handling like
  detecting current locale)