Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Wed Feb 12 02:58:28 PST 2014

Am 12.02.2014 11:11, schrieb Andrej Mitrovic:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 08:53:56 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> dependencies are now built separately by default
>
> You mean DUB won't recompile dependencies from scratch but will do it
> incrementally? I'm not really sure how it does it right now either.

In 0.9.20, it used to gather all source files of all packages in the
dependency tree and built them at once (when necessary). Now, by
default, it will build each dependency as a separate static library and
also builds only those dependencies that have changed or those that
depend on other dependencies that have changed.

The --combined switch can be used to get (almost) the old behavior.
Almost, because DUB now also respects the exact "targetType" of a
package and will always build a static library if "staticLibrary" is
given and aways includes the source files on the parent package build
command when "sourceLibrary" is used. Previously, all dependencies were
basically treated as "sourceLibrary".