D as A Better C?

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Wed Feb 12 04:02:59 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 19:43:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> (First off, I hate the name "better C", any suggestions?)

Too bad C+ is already taken.

> What do you think?

Good idea, but I'm afraid that a new phobos-like library will
born. We have a better C with a old-style stdc library? I don't
think I'm going to use "C+" with printf(), fopen(), fclose() and
their old code style and syntax and I'll finish writing some
wrappers over them using the d-power.

Probably that's good for platform like arduino where c std
library is not used...

Or maybe we should provide some basic wrappers over stdc library
using d-style.