Two Questions

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Feb 12 12:23:53 PST 2014

On Sunday, 9 February 2014 at 21:12:57 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> And you get more memory out of
> the deal even if you have as little as 4GB in the box. I wish
> that everything
> would move to 64-bit so that we wouldn't have to even worry
> about 32-bit
> anymore.

What's the advantage of having 64-bit OS on 4gb RAM?

The fact is cheap configurations became available for a wider
userbase with smaller income, who wouldn't think to buy a
notebook not so long ago. And you sure can't persuade them to
spend more money, 32-bit OS works and once installed it will run
long (you don't upgrade notebooks), as long as it works, there's
no reason to fix it.