More Illuminating Introductory Code Example on dlang.org

"Nordlöw" per.nordlow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:49:52 PST 2014

On Wednesday 19:th of Februari I'm giving my first talk on D for
my fellow collegues at my consultant firm office HiQ, Linköping,
Sweden.

If any of you are in the neighbourhood please let me know and I
will invite you. The lecture will most likely be held in Swedish.

I'll try to make my best to convince them that D is the way to go
for the future of programming.

On my strive I have one wish to the maintainers of dlang.org:

I believe the first code example a newbie sees when he/she first
visits dlang.org should be some variation of Walter's showcase on
Component Programming including all the bells and whistles of
lazy evaluted ranges.

IMHO, this would increase the probability of the newbie staying a
bit further on the site trying to figure out the details of what
make this intriguing D code example tick. And, as a result, be
more convinced about D's unique and powerful features.

What do you think, fellow D programmers?