More Illuminating Introductory Code Example on dlang.org

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Wed Feb 12 13:09:19 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 20:54:28 UTC, Tove wrote:

> Absolutely and there is a process in place for this already,
> feel free to suggest something:
>
> "[your code here] Got a brief example illustrating D? Submit
> your code to the digitalmars.D forum specifying "[your code
> here]" in the title. Upon approval it will be showcased on a
> random schedule on D's homepage."

That's actually never happened even though people have shared
stuff they'd like to appear there. The problem, I believe, is
that there is no code in place to actually do the rotation of the
showcase.

Adding showcase rotation would be a nice little project for
someone interested in  contributing and who knows javascript (PHP
is also an option as the server supports that).