Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Thu Feb 13 04:20:09 PST 2014

Am 13.02.2014 12:40, schrieb Russel Winder:
> I just tried the Linux x86_64 executable on Fedora 20, and it works
> except for:
>
> dub: /lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by
> dub)
>
> I am not entirely sure why it doesn't find:
>
> /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4
> /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4
>
> which are most definitely present.

Looks like this is more common than it seemed. I can try to compile on
the older Ubuntu 11.10 VM, or, if someone can donate an RPM recipe and
the necessary commands, I could also set up a Fedora VM and provide a
proper RPM package.

> I also tried the OSX executable on a Mavericks machine and it works
> fine, except…
>
> … I have a single filestore and thus a single ~/.dub but the compilation
> products of dub are not in architecture dependent locations so I cannot
> work with OSX and Linux at the same time.

I'll add the OS to the generated folder names, I didn't think of this
case when defining the format of those and wanted to keep them as short
as possible.

> There perhaps needs to be a way of dub cleaning the ~/.dub hierarchy,
> currently I seem to have to manually search all the dependencies and
> clean up. In fact, is there a clean command to dub to clean the project
> and the ~/.dub?

There is an enhancement request for this, but it hasn't been
implemented, yet. What is there, though, is the --force switch for
forcing a rebuild.