Processes and Channels, cf. goroutines.

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Thu Feb 13 08:40:07 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 15:40:05 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
> The API is able to context switch inside send and receive. So
> if you aren't sending messages with some frequency then the
> level of parallel execution will be fairly low.  For apps like
> this, it's possible that a more complex scheduler that is
> backed by a thread pool would be more appropriate.  Since D
> isn't built from the ground up around fibers, choosing the
> right scheduler for your application is an important decision.

Hi Sean,

thanks for the quick reply. Let's say I have most of my actors
running with the FiberScheduler. Then I have my emergency actor
that is supposed to run down my nuclear power plant here and now
in case it receives a message to do so. Now I let the emergency
actor run in a kernel thread. This way it should be able to be
immediately responsive. Is that right? Because that would be
really good enough for me.

Thanks, Bienlein