Facebook places two bounties on LDC issues

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Feb 13 11:18:59 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 17:16 +0000, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 06:14:16 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
> > $150:
> > https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1376870-create-debian-ubuntu-package
> >
> > $250:
> > https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1132204-arm-exception-handling-broken
> >
> > Both bounties expire in 6 months.
> >

> > Andrei
>
> LDC on Fedora is outdated as well... :) I will do something about
> it soon.

There should be a push to get DMD, GDC, LDC, Dub, Vibe.d and all
associated technologies as up to date as possible in Debian and Fedora.
But I can only make the call and help by using and reporting errors, I
am not in a position to investigate official Debian or Fedora packaging
— though I can possibly act as a support test packager if that helps.

Having such old D technology in Debian and Fedora has to be seen as an
embarrassment, but also an opportunity since the packages are there to
be updated.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk