Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Sönke Ludwig sludwig+dforum at outerproduct.org
Thu Feb 13 12:39:32 PST 2014

Am 13.02.2014 13:58, schrieb "Casper Færgemand" <shorttail at hotmail.com>":
> On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 12:57:02 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> After some testing, all I can get is multiple -m64 switches, which
>> isn't pretty, but shouldn't do any harm. Do you compile with
>> --arch=x86_64 or did you manually add the -m64 flag somewhere? The
>> latter would explain the issue, as only -version= flags are inherited
>> downwards to the dependencies (except for build type flags).
>
> Herp derp, didn't know about that one. It works now.
> Is it possible to specify in package.json?

Currently it can be controlled only by command line switches. But how
about the possibility of configuring a default architecture in the user
or system wide dub configuration file?

And possibly also per package in a configuration file in
"package-path/.dub/"... but it seems to me that this should stay
independent of the package description, since the platform is more or
less determined by the target machine and not the package itself, or do
you have a specific use case in mind?