Preflight of DUB 0.9.21 (RC 3)

Etienne etcimon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:25:42 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:17:39 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> The way it is now, it would be nice to have in a full
> repository like the one Jordi Sayol maintains for Debian, but
> it's less practical for direct distribution.

I provided the dmd.spec because I took the opportunity to make
one as well, but it's not a dependency here. It may be easier to
install the most recent dmd master using it, because the RPMs for
DMD are currently generated through these shell scripts:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/tree/master/linux

And I thought you may want to supply it with dub in case people
are newcomers and want the most recent version.

But the dub x64 RPM that is generated from this dub.spec file
will be a binary file that depends only on libcurl, it carries a
dub binary with some requirements and installation paths
(/usr/bin).

In any case, every time you issue a new dub release, you'll still
need to generate a x64 DEB, x86 DEB, x64 RPM and x86 RPM file as
well to distribute it on every linux platform. You should use
debian 6 and fedora 18, always a couple versions behind, to make
sure its not built against too recent libraries.

Do you want me to provide something more convenient, or can you
do with dub.spec files & rpmbuild?