Close D1 bugs?

Joseph Cassman jc7919 at outlook.com
Thu Feb 13 18:28:35 PST 2014

On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:00:29 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 2/13/2014 10:34 AM, francesco cattoglio wrote:
>> Also, the current open issues list is HUGE, cutting it down by
>> discarding outdated stuff would be nice. Or at least, would
>> *look* nice. Honestly, the first time I took a look at D I was
>> like "wait, is this a programming language or a testbed for
>> some
>> strange compiler?" :P
>
> Restrict your search for open bugs to "D2" and "D1 & D2" and
> you'll be fine.

I never thought to do that as I have just gone by the "Bug
Tracker" graphic on the website up until now. Interesting idea.
Here is a chart comparing how the number of open bugs changes
when those two filters are applied to the "Bug Tracker" queries.
                          Before   After
Regression               9        9
Blocker                  17       17
Critical                 69       63
Major                    221      206
Normal, minor, trivial   1923     1420
Enhancement              1153     866
All Open                 3392     2586

That large of a difference surprised me. Seems like it would help
with the impression of quality to someone first coming to the
site by displaying the data filtered for D2 instead. It also
seems more accurate since the D1 only stuff is not really being
worked on and that page presents sort of a TODO list.

Joseph