Arch dtools package missing dman

simendsjo simendsjo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 08:47:00 PST 2014

On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 16:36:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
(...)
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users lists valid
> contact mail ;)

Ah.. Missed that one.

> dman was not packaged because it seems superceded with `dmd
> -man`
> switch. Am I wrong?

You might be right, but dman still exists in the repo:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/dman.d

Now I just have to resolve the `x-www-browser: No such file or
directory` errormessage.

> As for dtools- prefix - yes, some of tools have very generic
> names (like "detab"), wanted to be extra safe with name clashes.
> rdmd and dustmite have prefix-less aliases though. Does this
> cause any problems?

No biggie - better to avoid clashes than having the same names on
all systems.