OS X GUI library

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 19:38:50 PST 2014

On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 00:37:11 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 18:17:15 UTC, Anton wrote:
>> From searching this forum I know that the question of which GUI
>> library to use comes up every once in a while, but I don't want
>> to bump old threads, especially since many of them seem to have
>> strayed off into quasi-philosophical discussions of whatever
>> (as
>> is perfectly normal on this Internet).
>>
>> I am an OS X user and pretty much beginner in D who wants to
>> write a simple application with a GUI. I know that GtkD is the
>> most stable cross-platform GUI library out there, but for
>> whatever reason after a full day of doing all sorts of things
>> with it I can't get it to work on my Mac. I was going to post a
>> question on the GtkD forums, but seeing that the latest post on
>> there was from May of last year discouraged me from doing that.
>>
>> QtD seems to have been abandoned. Most other libraries either
>> have little support for OS X (it seems that OS X users of D are
>> practically non-existent, which I suppose is too bad for me),
>> or
>> have been left to wither away, too.
>>
>> Is there a more or less stable GUI library with decent support
>> for OS X, with good documentation and/or examples *in D* (that
>> is, not C, C++, or Java)?
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> A rather different approach would be to use something like
> Awesomium. I remember evilrat made bindings for it
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/azrwqdorulvwhjcmmrxx@forum.dlang.org#post-azrwqdorulvwhjcmmrxx:40forum.dlang.org
>
> I haven't used them yet though, so I'm unsure of how complete
> and such they are.

it was C++ wrapper, would work for minimal stuff but i won't
recommend using awesomium at all. for me it looks almost dead
now(both forums and update rate), and pretty much the same can be
achieved with webkit. awesomium just adds offscreen rendering and
JS event handling, but it is commercial software so for most
people here it would be unacceptable.