Close D1 bugs?

Joseph Cassman jc7919 at outlook.com
Fri Feb 14 20:08:52 PST 2014

On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 15:17:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/13/14, 6:28 PM, Joseph Cassman wrote:
>> On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:00:29 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Restrict your search for open bugs to "D2" and "D1 & D2" and
>>> you'll be
>>> fine.
>>
>> I never thought to do that as I have just gone by the "Bug
>> Tracker"
>> graphic on the website up until now. Interesting idea. Here is
>> a chart
>> comparing how the number of open bugs changes when those two
>> filters are
>> applied to the "Bug Tracker" queries.
>>                          Before   After
>> Regression               9        9
>> Blocker                  17       17
>> Critical                 69       63
>> Major                    221      206
>> Normal, minor, trivial   1923     1420
>> Enhancement              1153     866
>> All Open                 3392     2586
>>
>> That large of a difference surprised me. Seems like it would
>> help with
>> the impression of quality to someone first coming to the site
>> by
>> displaying the data filtered for D2 instead. It also seems
>> more accurate
>> since the D1 only stuff is not really being worked on and that
>> page
>> presents sort of a TODO list.
>
> So did you filter for "D2" and "D1 & D2"? That may be missing
> stuff, as Daniel mentioned.
>
> I think it should be fine to mark D1 enhancement requests as
> WONTFIX, what does Sociomantic think?
>

> Andrei

Yeah, I may have marked the wrong search filters. Couldn't find a
way to publicly share saved searches so to describe in words, I
selected "D" for the Product category, "D2" and "D1 & D2" for the
Version category, and the appropriate flags in the Severity
category to match the query linked to on the "Bug Tracker" page.
The header text shown above each query seemed to match that for
each custom search, other than the text "D2" and "D1 & D2" which
was added.

After reading through the other posts it sounds like a general
triage is in order to determine the status of the flag marked in
the Version category for the D1-related bugs. So those numbers in
my original post are definitely suspect even if filtered
correctly.

Joseph