C++ Binding Generator

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 23:01:03 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 03:36 +0000, michaelc37 wrote:
> > [1]
> > QtD is not actively maintained.  It existed on
> > BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/qtd/repo
> > before someone else forked it and moved to
> > GitHub: https://github.com/qtd-developers/qtd

There is https://bitbucket.org/michaelc37/qtd-experimental as well. This
was a bit active for a while but has gone quiet recently.

> Probably worth mentioning.
> There are also some recent startup efforts to generate qt
> bindings based on smoke qt.
>
> https://github.com/w0rp/dqt
> https://github.com/GlobecSys/smoke.d
>
> However, its qt4.

If using Qt let's stick to Qt5 and not create brand new legacy APIs.

In the Pythonverse, Riverbank have some mechanism for creating their
Python bindings, but I bet the tool is proprietary. PySide used some
binding generation tool that appears to have to be rewritten for Qt5 so
they are staying with Qt4. This has stopped the PyQt → PySide rush for
licencing reasons, people are just using PyQt5 and finding ways round
the licencing problems.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk