Two Questions

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 14 23:09:42 PST 2014

On 2/14/2014 12:50 PM, Steve Teale wrote:
> On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 00:10:13 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> But the fact that you're even asking the question shows that you have
>> a very
>> different world-view than I do with regards to computers.
>
> Jonathan, I find your response distinctly elitist.
[...]
> and telling us to get into the 21st century doesn't help much.

He never said that or anything amounting to it. For god's sake, in the
very sentence of his you quoted, and then complained about, he flat-out
agreed to disagree. We don't need to be twisting each other's words into
insults that were clearly never said nor intended.

But that said though, like Dicebot indicated, there ARE a *LOT* of
elitist consumer whores out there in the software world (I'm saying "out
there" while pointing directly *away* from this NG and any of its
members, and I genuinely mean that: I'm not just saying "not the people
here" merely to be civil).

It's easily one of my biggest pet peeves about the industry. Ever since
computing finally shed its [equally inexcusable] "dork" image, computing
has turned into a goddamn fashion industry. And that attracts the living
tools of the world like nothing else. Depressing and infuriating, and
worth fighting against, but still true :(