Close D1 bugs?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Fri Feb 14 23:32:09 PST 2014

On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 18:39:55 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 2/14/14, 2:51 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 2/14/2014 12:16 AM, Don wrote:
>>> I agree with you in this case.
>>>
>>> D1 is in heavy commercial use at Sociomantic, and we are
>>> still submitting
>>> patches to DMD, and we frequently search bugzilla for open D1
>>> bugs.
>>> But AFAIK
>>> *nobody* is using D1 Phobos.
>>> The only remaining role of D1 Phobos, AFAIK, is to allow the
>>> D1 test
>>> suite to run.
>>>
>>> I think that we should close all D1 Phobos bugs as WONTFIX.
>>> Realistically they
>>> are never going to be fixed, and I don't think anybody cares.
>>> (Or, if the bug also applied to D2, but is already fixed in
>>> D2, I
>>> think it would
>>> be perfectly valid to mark it as FIXED).
>>
>> In that case, I'm on board with that.
>>
>> (In case it isn't obvious, Don represents Sociomantic here.)
>
> As long as the closure process isn't a blind one.  Chances are
> reasonably high that MOST open D1 bugs also apply to D2.  The
> closure process must be an examination of the bug, not a mass
> update to close them.

We definitely need to check, but note that we are ONLY talking
about Phobos bugs. Not DMD bugs.

I don't think there are many D1 Phobos bugs which also apply to
D2 Phobos.
I have at times gone through all of the D1 compiler bugs, and
marked them as D1&D2 where possible. The ones that never applied
to D2 have "D1 only" in the title. I only found 38 of them.

I have never looked at the Phobos1 bugs, most of those should
just be closed.