List of Phobos functions that allocate memory?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sun Feb 16 18:19:08 PST 2014

Am Sun, 09 Feb 2014 12:18:41 +0400
schrieb Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com>:

> 09-Feb-2014 09:35, Marco Leise пишет:
> > Thats neither an improvement over calling "validate" nor does
> > that deal with distinguishing between invalid UTF and
>
> Means text is broken but wasn't ever read...
> >\uFFFD
> > in the input.
> ...means text was broken sometime before.
>
> Hardly makes any difference to the most applications.
> Normal text doesn't contain \uFFFD.

Of course it does. It is a valid symbol and a lot of websites
describing the "Specials" Unicode block make use of it, like
the one on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specials_(Unicode_block)

With your definition, pulling such a document from the web and
parsing it in D would mean playing on broken strings.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman :p

--
Marco