is(Mutex == shared) == false?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Feb 16 18:22:15 PST 2014

On 2/16/14, 10:02 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 20:31:07 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Not a DIP, it's more like a direction/focus thing. In my opinion we must
>>> focus this year on:
>>>
>>> * Less garbage
>>>
>>> * Address null pointers at language level
>>>
>>> * Finish the language, in particular shared & comp
>>>
>>> * Do something about this(this) that is less complicated than the Space
>>> Shuttle
>>>
>>> * And of course quality, quality, quality
>>
>> Slipped my mind:
>>
>> * Finalize portable shared lib support on Unixen, OSX, and Windows
>>

>> Andrei
>
> So how do we communicate/achieve these?
> I think having a newsgroup thread about this year's goals would be a
> good start, to get everyone on the same page.

Feel free to paste these in a wiki page. Experience suggests that me
telling people what I think is important and must be done has very
limited impact.

I've made no secret about what I think are important topics for D at any
time, and often each had one or a few people who'd be obviously best
positioned to work on. Yet each person continued to work on whatever
itch they wanted scratched, which is entirely understandable.

Andrei