C++ Binding Generator

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 01:45:54 PST 2014

On 2/16/14, Abdulhaq <alynch4047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> that should of course be
>
> https://github.com/alynch4047/smidgen

Nice. I've had a codegen project before which is currently stalled:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/dgen

Some docs I wrote about peculiarities of wrapping C++:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/dgen/wiki

Unfortunately the tool has a long history, it went through several
rewrites. From basing the typeinfo extracted from doxygen (initially
the tool was only supposed to be used to generate wxWidgets bindings),
to later basing it on GCCXML, to later forking GCCXML and adding my
own features (https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/gccxml), to finally
realizing I won't be able to get all C++ typeinfo from GCCXML because
it's based on an old GCC parser. It was an uphill battle.

Ultimately I would have to re-purpose the tool to use Clang.

I did have some initial success. I've managed to autowrap the TagLib
C++ library, some small XML libraries, but ultimately the tool needs
proper typeinfo that GCCXML doesn't provide.

Clang itself has a C API, but from what I've read online it doesn't
export enough C++ typeinfo either, so I'd have to use the Clang C++
interface instead (maybe libtooling or something of that sort).

I might get back to working on that tool one day, I don't know yet.
I've got a big queue of things to work on.

Your project looks nice though.