switch()

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 09:39:42 PST 2014

"Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message news:ldtbcb$mel$1 at digitalmars.com...

> A "match" statement that figures type patterns and introduce names and all
> that - that might be more interesting (though being far from a game
> changer).

I doubt one can really know if it's a game changer until it has been
implemented and experimented with.  I'm not really in a position to design
one for D, but I have had some positive experience with erlang's 'case'
expressions.  The real question is if we can make it clean and powerful
enough to outdo a library solution.

> But that's not quite what has been proposed in this thread.

Yeah, I was trying to derail this thread in a more useful direction.