switch()

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 10:03:38 PST 2014

On 18 February 2014 02:48, Dejan Lekic <dejan.lekic at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [snip]
>>

> And do you realise that every sentence in your post is matter your your
> persona taste. It is extremely subjective, and you provide no proof that
> majority of people who are interested in all this share your opinion, do
> you? Do not get me wrong, I am not defending Andrei here (he can defend
> himself better than me). It is just shocking sometimes what kind of
> non-sense is posted here.

Yes, they're obviously opinions. I wouldn't use phrasing like that if I
wasn't trying to demonstrate my strong opinion on the matter.
I only raised some details that are annoying me, I didn't say I had any
science to show it was a majority opinion. I'm not sure why that's
necessary to make an opinion oriented post.
A large part of the reason for posting in the first place is to find if/how
many people also feel that way. That's the nature of opinions, I don't know
what other peoples are until I talk about it.

Let me dodge back few quotes of your post back at you to think about what I
> said in the paragraph above:
> 1) "built on a rubbish foundation"
> 2) "less shit" (no comment here...!)
> 3) "nobody knows how to format 'case' statements" (well, if you do not
> know, there are people who do)
> 4) "The ugliness of the syntax" (again your own taste)
>
> If you scan your own post(s), you will find many examples of what I am
> saying. This attitude of yours won't get you far.

Well, I firmly stand by all those convictions. They also look worse out of
context.
I don't think switch is particularly good, and firmly believe C's switch
statement was (is) a design catastrophe. I've believed that for 20 years.
You're welcome to disagree, and tell me why you do. I might even change my
opinion if someone can convince me it's awesome the way it is for some
reason.
I've spent 3 days basically writing switch statements. I haven't enjoyed
it, and I feel the experience is a big missed opportunity.