C++ Binding Generator

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 14:58:36 PST 2014

On 2/17/14, Abdulhaq <alynch4047 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting reading, it seems we've run into the same problems
> (not surprising I suppose) and even come up with the same
> solutions (virtual functions, return-by-value).

And then there are things like trying to allow access to protected
methods (meaning you have to re-declare them public for the C wrappers
to access them), which isn't easy because simply re-declaring them
only works in /some/ contests (specifically when overloads come into
play it's a mess). And then having to handle namespaces.. etc etc.
It's very easy to burn out. :)

I can't even recall how I planned to support multiple inheritance. I
think I was planning on using interfaces, but to keep all classes
neatly castable up the hirearchy at the D side it would probably mean
having to make /all/ classes inherit from interfaces.

And then you have to worry about memory management. Fun stuff..