D as A Better C?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Feb 18 07:45:50 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 18 February 2014 at 12:20:52 UTC, Rel wrote:
> So may I ask, what is official decision on the subject? Quite a
> lot of people were begging for it for a long time. Obviously
> I'd like to have this feature in D because it would finally
> allow game, embedded, system (and operating system) developers
> to use good, modern and beautiful language for their needs.

Don't overexpect - it will make experiments easier in that
direction but is not necessarily an enabler proposal. Its
importance is rated too high in that regard.

That said, official resolution seems to be "have good chance of
being accepted if anything else implements it, but Walter won't
spend time personally"