One more question - an untapped audience.

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 19:11:26 PST 2014

"Bruno Medeiros"  wrote in message news:le2s5q$2i0u$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I think DMD will get there eventually, but... you think it will come as
> soon as the DMD 2.066 release already?? As in, the official DMD, not a
> fork. Walter and Andrei have said they are on board with that?

The exact details of the switch need to be worked out, but Walter and Andrei
are on board.  We're looking at at least a couple of months until the next
release, which should be plenty of time to finalize this.  No guarantees of
course, we all still have to agree on a way to do it.

> Also, Ian raises a good point, what will happen to GDC and LDC once that
> switch happens? They are both very important projects to be left hanging
> in the rain.

The switch will only happen once all three compilers are ready.  Automatic
conversion will let us test and release official D versions of DMD in
parallel without the sources getting out of sync.