Implement the "unum" representation in D ?

Francesco Cattoglio francesco.cattoglio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 15:13:19 PST 2014

On Thursday, 20 February 2014 at 10:10:13 UTC, Nick B wrote:

> The abstract is here:
> http://openparallel.com/multicore-world-2014/speakers/john-gustafson/

"The pursuit of exascale floating point is ridiculous, since we
do not need to be making 10^18 sloppy rounding errors per second;
we need instead to get provable, valid results for the first
time, by turning the speed of parallel computers into higher
quality answers instead of more junk per second"

Ok, I think I know a bunch of people who could question the
contents of that sentence. Or, at the very least, question this
guy's way of presenting sensational news.