Ada conference, Ada and Spark

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 02:01:39 PST 2014

On Thursday, 20 February 2014 at 08:03:47 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[cut]
> I have been following Ada at FOSDEM for the last years, and its
> use seems to be increasing in Europe for safety critical
> systems, mainly thanks to C and C++ issues.
>
> Maybe this is an area where D could be pushed as well.

I don't think so: given that D is "C++ done right", it would
require many (unlikely to happen) changes to become an
interesting alternative for Ada: for example changing the
semantic of integers!

That said, one question I should ask to Rust devs is why they
didn't base Rust on Ada given their goals..

renoX