Ada conference, Ada and Spark

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Fri Feb 21 08:36:53 PST 2014

Am 21.02.2014 16:57, schrieb Thiez:
> On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 14:27:48 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>>> Wait, what? REALLY????? What kind of rule is that.
>>> ahahahha... are they stuck to the 70's? :D
>>
>> Yes really,
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/glnafbocwjodiwrqwmbv@forum.dlang.org
>>
>> I just cannot find the Reddit thread any longer.
>
> That is not true, Rust has several keywords that are more than 5
> characters, such as 'continue'. The full list is here:
> http://static.rust-lang.org/doc/master/rust.html#keywords . It is true
> that they prefer short keywords over long ones. It used to be the case
> that 'loop' could mean 'continue' but people found it confusing so it
> was fixed.

What I was arguing in that old thread was things like pub vs public, mut
vs mutable and so on.

I have a strong ML background as my university teachers were quite found
of ML and we had a few courses using Caml Light.

So I do like Rust and my issue back then was why to short those keywords
and similar.

Then again as I come from Pascal family of languages and always liked a
bit verbosity, instead of the write only way of C.

--
Paulo