Ada conference, Ada and Spark

Matej Nanut matejnanut at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 12:06:58 PST 2014

On 21 February 2014 20:00, Tobias Pankrath <tobias at pankrath.net> wrote:

> Depends on how often and where you write those keywords. mut seems to be
> quite common and even in D I would not like 'reference' more than 'ref',
> especially since it is used in parameter lists.

I think Rust's "pub", "priv" and "fn" are just silly. But I don't mind
"mut". However it might've been nicer if you didn't have to write "let mut"
but just "mut".

What made Rust a no-go for me was when I tried to write a generic sort. I
still can't figure out how to swap two elements in an array ("vector"). The
implementation in their std lib for "swap" has an unsafe block... (And I
don't want a GC or RC requirement for the array.)