C++ Binding Generator

Abdulhaq alynch4047 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 03:32:00 PST 2014

On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 19:57:40 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
> I'm working on a C++ binding generator that is coming on well,
> called Smidgen (first there was SWIG, then sip, now Smidgen...).
> I have a small demo working with both VTK and the beginnings of
> Qt5 GUI. I have to pick it back up (after moving house with my
> family) so would like help on various things such as building it
> on Windows (currently Linux 64bit only but it's only the build
> system that is Linux specific, and it's cmake so should be easy
> to get going on Windows).

I've tidied a few things up and the Qt5 example is on github at

https://github.com/alynch4047/sqt

It's only wrapping about 20 classes or so, from QtCore and
QtWidget. I could easily include many more but it would slow down
development of new binding features so I've resisted the
temptation.

The main thing missing iro Qt is signals and slots - I know how I
will do it, I just a need a couple of days free time.